Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Washington D.C. and the Marine Corp Marathon

Lincoln Memorial

Arlington National Cemetery

John F. Kennedy grave and the eternal flame

Capitol Building

Runners Passing The Smithsonian Institution

Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall

Iwo Jima Memorial

Washington Monument As Seen From The Lincoln Memorial


In October of 2008 I went to Washington D.C. with my son and daughter in law. My son ran in the Marine Corp Marathon. It was his first marathon and he ran it in 4 hours and 19 minutes. Not bad for a forty something year old guy! I was a proud mom!

We were only in D.C. for a few days but we were able to see many of the monuments, places and buildings that are so important to our country. I would enjoy going back and doing some of the tours. The bus tours are a good way to see D.C. You can get off at the places you want to visit then catch another bus when you are ready to go to the next place you want to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment