Monday, July 13, 2009

A Visiting Owl

Click to enlarge.

I walked to the edge of a wildlife reserve next to my home yesterday afternoon. It was 2pm, hot and sunny. I heard a soft animal sound and when I looked up there it was...a big old owl! I do not know what type it is and would appreciate hearing from anyone who might know. I often hear hoot owls in the reserve during the night but they have a different sound then the one I saw in the daylight. There is such an abundance of wildlife here in Florida and it is great fun to see something one has not encountered before.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, loved your picture of the owl, we have them here to my husband saw one last week sitting on our neighbours roof. I found the webboard that you told me about thanks for that info.
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cheryl! Glad you liked the picture. I will send you an email soon to give you a website you might like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When are you going to update your blog??? Maybe some new Ellie pics?

    ReplyDelete